Green Shrimp / Caridina babaulti
GREEN SHRIMP are just one colour variant of the Cardinal species - a group which also includes Indian Zebra shrimp, Malaya shrimp, Rainbow shrimp, and more. Green Shrimp are a fairly rare specimen within the aquarium hobby. They can be difficult to come by even online, which is surprising given their unique and striking colour.
Though these are called Green Shrimp, almost half of our stock is born with a milky green coloration. Each order of these shrimp will likely come with a mix of the neon green and milky green coloration shrimp. The colour on these shrimp make a great, eye-catching contrast against dark substrate and against other colour of shrimp when placed in an aquarium with them.
These are freshwater shrimp and can live in almost any freshwater aquarium due to their extremely adaptable nature. Green shrimp like these are very popular for planted tanks and community tanks, and many people use them in large aquariums for waste management and algae control. They breed very quickly, forming a colony that works as a very effective cleaning crew and enhances any aquarium with their beautiful colour.
Recommended Tank Parameters
- pH level range: 6.8 to 7.8
- Temperature range: 75° to 82° F
- Water type: kH 0-10; gH 4-14; TDS 80-200
- All green shrimp prefer to live in tanks with live aquatic plants .
- There are a few reasons for this:
- Dwarf shrimp love the cover that plants provide them
- They love to graze on the plants for algae
- Plants help keep the water clean for the shrimp
What We Like About This Shrimp:
- Bright and Green coloration
- Completely peaceful with all non-aggressive tank mate
- Safe with all plants
- Excellent scavenger
RECOMMENDED TANK PARAMETERS:
- Temperature: 64° - 84° F (17.8° - 28.8° C)
- pH: 6.8 - 7.5
- KH: 0 - 10 dKH
- Minimum tank size: 2 gallons
- Diet: Scavenger that feeds continually. Requires very little feeding in a well-established aquarium containing algae, bio film, or decaying plant matter. In less mature aquariums, high quality dry foods with high plant content can be fed multiple times daily. Our Carna Shrimp Food andHara Spinach Shrimp Food make excellent staple food products for these shrimp.
- Social behavior: Peaceful. A small group can continually replenish and grow its population
- Average adult size: 1 - 1.5 inches (2.5 - 7.6 cm)