Ghost Lobster Small
- This crayfish is EXTREMELY rare. Sorry, male/female pairs are NOT available
- The coloration of the Ghost Crayfish when it is fully grown is of EXTREMELY high quality - this crayfish has to be seen to be believed!.
- Caution should be exercised when keeping large crayfish. The general rule with crayfish is: if it can catch it, it WILL try to eat it!.
- All BEST4PETS brand plants and animals come with a 100% live arrival guarantee, plus free email support directly from the owners!.
The Ghost Crayfish (a rare color morph of Procambarus clarkii) is arguably the most beautiful freshwater crayfish available anywhere in the world. Unfortunately, it is also one of the most rare. It has never regularly been available in the hOBBY.. until
now! We are thrilled to be the suppliers of these magnificent specimens. The buzz surrounding these crayfish is due to its incredible red, white, and blue coloration. The top of the crayfish is usually a midnight blue. The head and claws are scarlet red, while the belly, tail, and legs are milky white with red highlights.
NOTE: We recommend a tank size minimum of 30 gallons for this crayfish when it is
fully grown. Though crayfish are NOT friendly, they can often live with fast-moving fish (such as rasboras, danios, etc.). They are fairly slow and only a sick fish would be able to be caught by the crayfish. We keep them with guppies and fire red cherry shrimp, and have never seen a death, but we cannot guarantee that dwarf shrimp will be completely safe if kept with a large crayfish.
RECOMMENDED TANK PARAMETERS:
- pH level range: 6.5 - 8.5
- Temperature range: 65° - 85° F
- Water type: Soft to hard
- Additional notes: They prefer foods like invertebrate pellets
or blanched vegetables, but will also eat fish food and wafers.
Cichlids can be aggressive towards crayfish and should not be
kept in the same tank.